CCNA Online Training
Operation of IP Data Networks
• Recognize the purpose and functions of various network devices such as Routers, Switches,
Bridges and Hubs.
• Select the components required to meet a given network specification.
• Identify common applications and their impact on the network
• Describe the purpose and basic operation of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP models.
• Predict the data flow between two hosts across a network.
• Identify the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect Cisco Network Devices to
other network devices and hosts in a LAN
LAN Switching Technologies
• Determine the technology and media access control method for Ethernet networks
• Identify basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches.
• Configure and verify initial switch configuration including remote access management.
• Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities such as ping, telnet and ssh.
• Identify enhanced switching technologies
• Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the need for routing between them.
• Configure and verify VLANs
• Configure and verify Trunking on Cisco switches
• Configure and verify PVSTP operation
IP addressing (IPv4 / IPv6)
• Describe the operation and necessity of using private and public IP addresses for IPv4
• Identify the appropriate IPv6 addressing scheme to satisfy addressing requirements in
a LAN/WAN environment.
• Identify the appropriate IPv4 addressing scheme using VLSM and summarization to satisfy
addressing requirements in aLAN/WAN environment.
• Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4 such as dual
• Describe IPv6 addresses
IP Routing Technologies
• Describe basic routing concepts
• Describe the boot process of Cisco IOS routers
• Configure and verify utilizing the CLI to set basic Router configuration
• Configure and verify operation status of a device interface, both serial and Ethernet
• Verify router configuration and network connectivity
• Configure and verify routing configuration for a static or default route given specific routing
• Manage Cisco IOS Files
• Differentiate methods of routing and routing protocols
• Configure and verify OSPF (single area)
• Configure and verify EIGRP (single AS)
• Configure and verify interVLAN routing (Router on a stick)
• Configure SVI interfaces
• Configure and verify DHCP (IOS Router)
• Describe the types, features, and applications of ACLs
• Configure and verify ACLs in a network environment
• Identify the basic operation of NAT
• Configure and verify NAT for given network requirements
• Configure and verify NTP as a client
• Recognize High availability (FHRP)
• Configure and verify Syslog
• Describe SNMP v2 & v3
Network Device Security
• Configure and verify network device security features
• Configure and verify Switch Port Security features
• Configure and verify ACLs to filter network traffic
• Configure and verify an ACLs to limit telnet and SSH access to the route
• Identify different WAN Technologies
• Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection
• Configure and verify a PPP connection between Cisco routers
• Configure and verify Frame Relay on Cisco routers
• Implement and troubleshoot PPPoE